Tuesday, January 28, 2014

First @freshcityfarms week

Last week I joined Fresh City Farms. Just another one of the girls, I suppose. Though I've been a member of a CSA before when I lived in Guelph. I'm really looking forward to picking up my box tomorrow. I like being a member of a CSA because I find that I eat a greater diversity of fresh fruit and vegetables and I waste less. I also live in a bit of a local food desert, so it's great to be able to access Toronto grown produce during the growing season. Plus, It's so great when someone else figures out my groceries for me.

I live a couple blocks outside of Fresh City Farm's delivery boundaries, but I can pick up at one of their group locations. This year, I am going to try to get a group delivery set up at my workplace. They only require 3 members and everyone will receive a discount on their weekly box.
  1. http://www.freshcityfarms.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment